For a while now I have been aware that I really need to do something about my weight. In fact, not only my weight, but various other things in my life, but I am hoping that the weight loss will affect everything indirectly. I have been overweight for years, and have been getting progressively bigger and bigger each year. Although I have always been active and healthy, the last few months this has been progressively harder and I can feel myself getting more and more tired. Also, I have been getting breathless if I do too much exercise, but even with day to day things like walking up the stairs. Today I saw on Ashleigh's blog that she and a couple of friends are setting up a weight loss challenge over the next few weeks. Although, being so far away, I wouldnt expect to get any prizes if I did win, I have decided to join in with them for my own health, and my prize will be weight loss. So, I have dusted off this blog, changed the name, deleted the old posts (dont want to be reminded of previous failed attempts) and I am off on my journey!
My goals for the next 10 weeks.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day
- Try to eat 3 healthy meals, plus snacks each day
- I would like to lose 10 kgs, ie. 1 a week, but wont beat myself up if I lose a bit less.
- Once I have lost a few kgs I would like to go back to aquarobics.
- Post on here, at least once a week and link up to here